Saturday 18 October 2014

UPDATE!

Update


As you may or may not know, I am proudly serving in the Royal Australian Navy as a Marine Engineer. Well, the time has recently arrived for my ship to deploy. I’m going to be vague about those particular details, but needless to say I’m going to be away from home, and my amazing wife, Winnie, for many, many long months.

Excuse a few memorable moments with my amazing wife.....

Charles Bridge, Prague

The night we got engaged
The smile that melts my heart..

Happy Memories - 11-12-13
 Winnie, Happy Anniversary in Advance - I Love You xx


Langkawi, Honeymooning

Coco's on Perhentian.... 

Ok, now then... where was I? 


This year I’ve set myself many challenges and I’ve risen to them all. I’ve finally had my honeymoon with Winnie, run and cycled my way through personal goals, and given up unhealthy habits. As such, I believe it’s made me stronger – both emotionally and physically. Besides, behind every self-actuating, hard working and successful man is the real hero - the wife. Winnie has endured me through everything, and I love her more than she'll ever realise. To the moon and back, baby.

The physical side is easy: train hard, take your nutrition seriously, rest and maintain hydration to see drastic development. Emotionally, I’ve been on an interesting journey. The emotional journey has been phenomenal really. I’ve been separated from Winnie many times this year due to work and I’ve taken that on the chin. I’ve had my homesick days, but I’ve learnt to balance things. I’m even getting used to my new scruffy beard and new family nickname (from my nephew) “Pirate”!

I’ve continued with developing my understanding of myself. I’ve kept up with my affirmations and techniques learnt through Neuro Emotional Technique sessions with the Peaceful Warrior and Miss Maddy (her awesome substitute), I’ve meditated and tried not to take things too seriously. I’ve become strong through that training and that’s really prepared me for this deployment, my first ever.

In my preparations I’ve developed a healthy diet and a serious gym habit, which I’d say is a pretty good exchange for junk food, movies and excess drinking.

I’ve pretty much given up the use of the word “try” and I that’s helped me to become more accountable for my actions / decisions. Let’s not forget those immortal, embedded words of Michelle Bridges:

“JFDI – Just Freaking Do It!”

Sore is definitely the new Sexy, and it’s my mission to maintain this whist on deployment. I want to be a role model for health and positivity. My blogs, due to the nature of my work will be sporadic or released in bundles as we bounce around the Australian coastline (whenever that may be)…so don’t lose interest, and look out for my posts when they pop up!

No comments:

Post a Comment