Tuesday 3 June 2014

Day 71 - Week 11 in Full Swing

Week 11...


As my last week at HMAS Cerberus starts to close in on me, I have just realised something really interesting. It's been 11 weeks of hard slog in the gym, but thats really helped my focus on my studies too. It was dragging on really slowly, then as I progressed with my training, getting into the blogosphere and seeing small results, the time has literally flown by. Awesome.

So, I thought it would be good to update you all on my progress. So, with week 11 in full swing,  here we go...only 3 sleeps until I go home to Sydney, and my beautiful wifey, Winnie :)

Wake Up Run

I decided, that if my schedule was going to get a little messed up this week, that I would mix up my routine too. As my alarm roused me this morning at 0500h I felt torn - I wanted to get up and go for a short run, but I really really wanted to stay in bed...the justification began and it took around 15 minutes before I pushed past it, and started to sluggishly get dressed. I even checked the weather! So, even though I wanted to run, something was making me resist, but too be honest that was just me being somewhat lazy I'd say.

I had a quick stretch, and set off on my way. As my Garmin 910XT beeped to inform me that I'd ran my 1st kilometre, the rain set in. It was fairly hard going, but a worthy run. I ran at my usual distance pace of 6min/km, and started to enjoy the rain.

I know I only ran 5.12km, and it took me 31:48 to complete, but I feel about a million times better  for actually doing something this morning.


6-A-Side Footie 

90 minutes of indoor football, running around, keeping goal and sweating like a beast. That's the nature of it. Dutchie always organises a game, twice a week without fail. Football fever really is setting in again! I let 2 goals in tonight (as keeper), and scored 1...not bad.

For me, I enjoy playing indoor footie because its a really good team exercise, all working together to try and win. Tackles, rebounds, headers and all the skills (more some that others). I particularly enjoy the level of fitness that it needs, really quickly improves your sprint / explosive power. I can go on.


Just Because...

Training on Fatigue

SO, post footie I headed directly to the gym to get my burn on. I pushed through a 75 minute shoulders and abdominals workout, with the burn and ache of fatigue as I progressed. I made through the workout, knowing that I turned a corner (and hit a wall) with my endurance training. Today I have truly tested my boundaries. You see, I've also increased the number of reps from 8 to 10, and still train 4 sets. I've only reduced the weight a little to allow for the extra work, but I could feel the need for fuel etc kicking in as the fatigue wormed its way into my workout.

I've had a positive day for training, but it hasn't been easy. Today, I struggled to start and as I gained momentum I trained with great energy. I will probably rest tomorrow morning, and train late in the day so I give my body time to get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment